A description to appear before the list of frequently asked questions.

What can Market Access and Compliance (MAC) do to help your business?

After you contact our Trade Compliance Center or the country desk in one of our regional offices, MAC will evaluate whether the problem is a market access issue or a compliance problem with an existing trade agreement. MAC will establish a team of experts on the country, the industry, the trade agreement, and other needed areas. The team will review all possible options to resolve the problem and then work through each tactic toward a solution.

How can I locate importers, distributors, sales reps, etc. in an overseas market?

The U.S. Commercial Service has programs and services to help you locate potential business partners overseas. Contact your nearest U.S. Export Assistance Center and speak with an International Trade Specialist. You can also receive free export counseling and learn more about our programs and services to help you compete around the globe. Call 1-800-USA-TRAD(E) or visit Export.gov to find your local Export Assistance Center.

How can I learn more about my product or service’s sales potential in overseas markets?

Market Research is a good first step to learn about the sales potential of your product or service in countries abroad. The U.S. Commercial Service offers free online market research to U.S. companies seeking to enter international markets. Its database allows you to sort by country, industry, and/or type of market report. Visit the Commercial Service's Market Research Library and register to access these reports.

I think that my company’s product would be successful in other countries, but I’m not sure how to get started in international business. Is there help for new exporters?

Exporting can be profitable for U.S. companies, large and small. To learn more about getting started, visit the Export Basics section on the U.S. government’s export portal, Export.gov. You’ll be able to take the Export Readiness Assessment and learn how to prepare to enter new markets. You can also talk to trade specialists at the U.S. Commercial Service’s Trade Information Center. Call 1-800-USA-TRAD(E)

How can I learn about foreign product standards?

Please contact the National Institute of Standards and Technology.